Dear ICSD Members,
As we greet the New Year, I am delighted to join all ICSD members and athletes in welcoming the year 2019 both at home and abroad.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the ICSD Board, Staff, ICSD Members and athletes for their efforts in the past year.
2018 was by no means an easy year for us with the change in leadership and the uncertainty that came with this transition. Nevertheless, I am proud of the work we’ve done to date. The 2018 year saw the following achievements:
- Establishment of the ICSD Reform Commission
- Signing of the hosting agreement with Italy to deliver the 19th Winter Deaflympics
• Improved communications and engagement with our members and athletes.
Such accomplishment was largely attributable to the dedication of our members, athletes, executive board, our regional confederations, staff and volunteers.
In 2019, we will continue with the following focus areas:
- Delivering the 2019 Winter Deaflympics in Italy
- Working with members towards the securing of a host for the 2021 Summer Deaflympics
- Endorsement of the new ICSD governance framework at Congress at the 19th Winter Deaflympics
- Achieve growth at ICSD through closer co-operation with our stakeholders including the IOC and the WFD.
I look forward to working with you in the new year.